Saturday 16 July 2011

Making games again on my PC

I've made a decision to start making games again on my PC. It's been quite a while since I did any coding, thinking about it probably over 2 years ago now. I've always liked programming but for no particular reason I just got out of the habit of doing it. Anyway that's going to change now, game progamming is something I'm going to start doing more often.

I just make games up for myself to play, sometimes I see another game which I like and I try to make something similar, or just make them up out of my imagination. The types of game I like to play are games that you can start playing straight away, very simple to learn (you don't have to read an encyclopeadia and remember it all to enjoy the game), and you don't need 3 hands to be pushing loads of buttons either lol.

Simple games that you can just play for 5 minutes if you want to pass a bit of time, that's what I'm going to make :)

Now for the technical bit:
Programming Language: C
Game Library: Allegro

3 comments:

  1. You came back to blogging land then eh, long time no blog hubby dearest lol. Glad you're back doing coding as I know its something you enjoy. It'll give you something to do while I'm busy crafting and then we can show each other what we've created at the end. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey -did you have to get a duster out to clean the cobwebs off the keys Paul - nice to see you back. Can you make up some games that we can play then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back..!!
    Your games sound right up my street - not too complicated - and no extra fingers & hands needed - FAB.
    Between you and Andie - it'll be world domination soon....
    Jo.

    ReplyDelete